ABOUT LOCAL LIVE MUSIC

Sunday, November 25, 2007

DANNY BROOKS at CHICAGO'S!!!!!!!


On Saturday night,I trudged through the late November slop across the street to see Danny Brooks and his band,with Janice on my arm and a dark cloud of personal turmoil swirling in and over my head.Thank God I did! Not experiencing this incredibly talented and gifted man before,I had no idea what I was missing.Try to imagine me,the hockey puck, somehow bouncing off one of the Leaf goalies and proclaiming,"...I've been saved!..I've been saved!!!" OK...that's a bit of a stretch,but not too far off the mark.Recently nominated for 4 Maple Blues awards,Danny and his band delivered sweet satisfaction to his long-time fans,while converting the rest of us to his congregation.Blending Memphis soul,revival gospel and southern rock influences,Danny chased everyone's blues away with his bone-chilling,but heartwarming vocals and awesome guitar work. I'd love to go on about his influences and his band members,in particular,but not exclusively,lead guitarist Papa John King,but please do them justice by checking out his website http://www.dannybrooksmusic.com/ for a real in-depth understanding of the man and his band. I was fortunate enough to have my camera with me and Danny has graciously allowed me to include a video of "Lonesome Road" in this review.Buy a copy of his newly honoured CD,"No Easy Way Out",his soon to be released book,"Miracles For Breakfast" and see him live as soon as you can.Also,if you're arranging one of those "House Concerts" offered on the website,I'll bring along my Alabama BBQ Back Ribs if you invite me.You'll soon see why,when I left Chicago's last night at 1:30 a.m.,that the sun was shining,Heaven was smiling down on me and I didn't have a worry in the world. All things are possible...only believe! Thank you,Danny.God Bless......................................

No comments: